The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Propane Tank Size for your Needs
What Are The Typical Propane Tank Sizes?
- 1 LB – Easy to carry so they’re often used with camping stoves and small easy-to-carry grills. Keep disposable propane tanks out of the environment by using Flame King 1 Lb refillable cylinders Find them on our website.
- 5 LB- A single 5 lb propane tank holds enough fuel for a multiple-day camping trip, so you don’t have to deal with multiple tanks. Our Flame King 5lb Tanks come with an OPD valve to prevent overfilling and a built-in gas meter gauge provides accurate gas level readings
- 20 LB – The most commonly used propane tank is of course the 20 lb tank as it is the standard size tank for barbecue grills, mosquito magnet, turkey fryer, and small space heaters. However, the 20 lb tank can be used on several other propane applications.
- 33 LB – Large and durable tank perfect for powering demanding applications, such as farm vehicles and forklifts, for an extended period of time. Too small for heating the home. Find our forklift tanks here.
- 100 LB – A typical 100-pound propane tank will be good for space heating, working a clothes dryer, a gas fireplace, gas grills, or even a small hot water heater, our tanks come with POL Valve. Homeowners generally will need more than a 100-pound tank for full home heating or for pool heaters.
- 200 LB – Provides fuel for a small home with a high demand for heat and hot water. Will give peace of mind to home owner despite constant use. Its shape will be horizontal most of the time for best use.
- 420 LB – Common uses for 420 lb tanks are home heating, dryers, fireplaces, pool heat, and water heaters. They are approximately 4 feet tall and 3 feet in diameter
See all the different sizes we offer and get Your perfect propane tank today!